The Assistant Program Director at Nashville Public Radio’s music discovery station will soon be open…
By Paul Marszalek
WNXP, Nashville Public Radio’s music discovery station is searching for an Assistant Program Director/Air Talent.
PD Jason Moon Wilkins reports that current APD Ayisha Jaffer will soon announce a move (all good), hence the opening.
In addition to a daily air shift, the APD is essential in helping manage the operational aspects of the station, working with the Program Director and airstaff in programming daily music logs, scheduling on-air shifts, setting station priorities, and building WNXP’s music library. The station suggests that there are also opportunities to develop new programming and bring creative ideas to life.
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Hosting, broadcasting or podcasting experience
- MusicMaster (or equivalent music library management software) and Wide Orbit (or equivalent broadcasting software) experience
- Basic knowledge of broadcasting and recording equipment
- Functional skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Sound editing experience a plus
- Detail oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Knowledge and passion for a wide range of music
- Ability to manage and direct team members in a collaborative, productive manner including constructive criticism
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to adjust in a dynamic atmosphere
Learn More on the Nashville Public Radio site.