In the wake of recent turbulence, one of the top NON-COMMs is seeking something of a re-set…
By Paul Marszalek
KCMP/The Current is looking for a Program Director.
Based on the posting, the PD is responsible for the vision, direction, and management of the on-air program at the station, guiding the direction of live events and partnerships, locally and nationally. This PD manages and leads The Current’s format, hosts, music, and production.
- Hiring and leading the on-air staff, while fostering an environment built around creativity and ideation and prioritizing APMG’s EDIA goals.
- Manage on-air talent through coaching, mentorship, performance meetings and feedback.
- Create related new content that serves audiences across multiple platforms.
- Foster the station’s relationship with other content departments at Minnesota Public Radio.
- Collaborate with cross-divisional teams including membership, marketing, underwriting, and operations.
- Initiate and lead external relationships with musicians, bands, music educators, labels, and other external stakeholders.
- Network with the record and radio community on behalf of The Current.
To land this position, you’ll need seven+ years of increasing experience in cultural programming management in public radio, music media, or related fields, and 3-5 years previous supervisory/management experience – must demonstrate an ability to foster high standards and an ability to coach, inspire and lead.
Salary range is $92,867 – $116,084.
At the same time, the station is looking for an afternoon driver and a night-time host.
Full details on the Minnesota Public Radio jobs site.