Assistant Program Director / On-Air – WNXP
WNXP is adding an Assistant Program Director position with daily on-air duties.
Applicants must have at least two years broadcast experience and knowledge of radio scheduling, playout, and editing software. Demonstrating a broad skill set that ranges from generating logs to hosting fund drives will put you ahead of the pack. Non-standard working hours are guaranteed.
The posting adds color to this unique opportunity at ‘NXP:
“You will find opportunities to develop new programming, bring creative ideas to life, and, as a founding member of a new station, you will help shape its personality. Nashville Public Radio is a mission driven organization, dedicated to hiring a diverse, equitable and inclusive team whose unique experiences will bring a panoramic perspective to the area’s music and culture. ”
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and links to voice work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Complete details can be found on the Nashville Public Radio site.
- Design and implement strategies for digital audience growth.
- Develop, execute, and manage daily/weekly content for The Colorado Sound’s web, mobile and social media platforms, with the goals of increasing audience, growing engagement, and membership.
- Direct and edit digital content created by The Colorado Sound staff.
- Post content to the website, including video, audio, playlists, underwriting, promotional graphics, etc.
- Design and manage social media for The Colorado Sound, including creating original content, providing digital promotion and content, and making an engaging, positive place for the community.
- Design and provide strategic digital planning and execution for special events and artist interviews, including Facebook Live, YouTube, Zoom, and other platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in media, communications, social media, web design, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of the Triple-A music format and knowledge of NPR Music.
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop, video editing tools, & audio editing tools (Adobe Audition)
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Proven ability to be a positive team member, consistently work well with others, and always demonstrate respect for the diverse constituencies at The Colorado Sound and within the public broadcasting system.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.